Lost your valuable data ?
- Hard drive failures : Hard drives fail every day for a variety of reasons. In the US alone, 140,000 hard drives crash each and every week. About 60% of hard drive failures occur due to a mechanical failure, while the other 40% are a result of misuse. A hard disk is a mechanical device with moving parts and thus prone to failure. While some failures occur simply because the hardware becomes worn out, others fail prematurely due to external factors like: Overheating, Water or fire damage, Exposure to magnetic fields, Power outages or surges, Impact due to being dropped
- Accidental deletions : Every day we create, update, save and delete files. It is just part of our everyday business life. It’s no wonder that sometimes, we delete files or overwrite files by accident. We are all human, and the reality is we make mistakes. Sometime the Windows Recycle Bin can offer a safety net, but there are several scenarios when you simply cannot count on the Recycle Bin to come to the rescue.
- Computer viruses and malware infections : There are new viruses that pop up every day that put your data at risk. According to a B2B international survey, 35% of IT specialists reported that their companies had lost data due to malware infection. While being connected to the internet has its benefits, it also comes at a cost. The most common means of entry into your computer is through email-based attacks, the second is through phishing. Computer viruses are a very real threat. They have the ability to destroy, steal or encrypt your data, and in some cases completely corrupt the hardware of your computer or infiltrate your entire network. Some of the more recent viruses, known as crypto-ransomware are responsible for earning hackers millions of dollars by holder users data for ransom. As these users face the potential reality of data loss, many are opting to pay the ransom over losing their data.